Sunday, March 22, 2009

Love the late start

I have been meaning to post about this for weeks! I even took my pictures, but just haven't gotten around to it. So here I am on Sunday evening posting about my favorite day during the busy week. I love our "late start Wednesdays"

The schools here start an hour later on Wed. mornings, which has proved to be such a treat. The kids get to sleep in, we make a yummy breakfast, and the morning is just 100 times calmer. I thought I liked early release Wed. in Oregon, but this is so much better!

Our tradition that we've started is chocolate chip pancakes on Wed. morning. We get up, and make some plain and some chocolate chip pancakes. What a delicious start to the day.

Then it's off to get ready for the day. No rushing though, we take it nice and slow, and even fit some play time in! Have I mentioned that I love this day?

2 comments:

BonnieKaye said...

Yummy! My brother-in-law made chocolate chip pancakes for me and the kids one morning and I was eating them the rest of the day. Your kids will talk about this tradition with fondness when their all grown up.

D.Jones said...

can I come over for choc chip pancake wed? Sounds fun! You are so fun Alisha! Your kids are lucky to have such a great MOM!!