Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The beach!

Did you all know that Washington has a coast too?! We LOVE the Oregon coast, but we thought that in order to be fair we should take a trip to the Washington coast-for comparisons sake.

First: the drive was only 2.5 hours vs the 5 it took in Oregon. One Point Washinton
Second: the beach was a drive on beach. How fun was that for the kids? One Point Washington
Third: The wind was hardly a problem (Oregon beachercombers you know exactly what I am talking about)! One point Washington.

HOWEVER...
There were no big dunes to play on. One Point Oregon
There are only limited beach towns. One Point Oregon
Where were the rocks and cliffs I see in Oregon? One Point Oregon
So the beaches were a tie. I love both, but for different reasons. I think my family enjoyed the day...






2 comments:

The Godell Family said...

The beach looks like so much fun. I wish we lived closer so that I could come to the beach with you guys!

Tree said...

Hey, the Oregon Beach is way better than the Washington beach!!
I've been to both. The main difference is that we have so many more Oregon beach memories...So, rethink your comparison, Girlie.