Saturday, February 21, 2009

Soccer Saga

My teammates Julie and Diana and I going over the plan of attack.
(While cute Jaden looks on)Here it is, finally! I have at some point talked to almost all of you about soccer...
How I was recruited to play by a friend in my ward. (Thank you Sarah)
How I have no background, or skill whatsoever. (AKA Lots to learn)
How exhausting my first game was. (I thought about passing out about half-way through)
How bad we lost ALL of our games. (But we only let 1 be a total shut out, the hardest team ever)
How fun it was. (The greatest 48 minutes ever)
What I didn't tell anyone was my super secret desire. My dream that I couldn't share (in case it never happened).

My dream was to make at least one goal.

And guess what? It happened! In our next to last game-it's all a blur: all I can remember is getting the ball and kicking forward. The next thing I saw was that it went around the goalie and in. My screaming left me hoarse for the rest of the night, but it was totally worth it. Can you say adrenaline rush? That's what I had. I couldn't sleep that night, or focus on anything. Just the goal replaying over and over in my head. I LOVE SOCCER!

I am so sad that I'll be sitting this season out (or subbing once in awhile). Josh has to go to OK for a month, and that isn't conducive to practice, dinner, traveling with the kids, etc. So I am out for this eight week session, but as the Terminator so eloquently put it: "I'll be back!"

3 comments:

Denise said...

Go Alisha!!!! That is so awesome. I wish I was there to lose my voice cheering for you :)
Hope you can pick up right where you left off when Josh get's back. Sometimes being a mom (being unselfish) stinks!

sauter signs off said...

I read this and was so excited for you my heart was racing!!!
You're my HERO!

D.Jones said...

it was an awesome goal!!!