Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thirty things, thirty years

Today is the end of one decade for me and the start of yet another. My twenties are officially behind me and now begin my thirties. I am actually excited to start another era in my life. While reflecting on the past thirty years I came up with an interested list of things I have accomplished/seen in the past. I call it:

Thirty Things, Thirty Years
1. Had open heart surgery (and survived it)
2. Had my appendix removed and a tubal pregnancy
3. Fainted (yep, I am a medical marvel)
4. Worked odd jobs from age 16 on.. my favorite H.S. job: Orange Julius
5. Graduated H.S.
6. Water skied/wake-boarded
7. Snowboarded
8. Graduated college
9. Roller skated/ice skated
10. Bought my own car
11. Learned to cook
12. Had a car accident
13. Married my H.S. sweetheart
14. Joined the church
15. Had the two most amazing kids on the planet
16. Bought and sold homes
17. Mastered Laundry
18. Got a teaching license
19. Flown in a plane (and Josh even let me sort of fly one too)
20. Kept the same plant alive for 12+ years
21. Been to a foreign country
22. Became an Aunt
23. Survived the loss of both of my parents
24. Started a blog
25. Won some cool contests: a weight loss competition/tickets to see Clifford the Big Red Dog and once when I was in Jr. High I even won my mom a dishwasher.
26. I've been to amazing concerts: I've even touched Kenny Chesney
27. Hosted an annual cookie exchange party for 5+ years, made great friends by doing it and eaten tons of yummy desserts
28. Made great friends that are scattered all over the U.S.
29. Moved out of state
30. Ran a marathon
Not a bad list of accomplishments in my opinion. I like to look at the positive side of all things, and rather than think that I am aging faster than I would like to; (and haven't done as much as I want to) I would rather look at all the great things I have done. Good for me! I am now patting myself on the back... Ahh thirty...

6 comments:

Denise said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could spend the day with you. I am AMAZED that you kept the same plant alive for more than 12 years!! Very impressive :) I think 30 is great and wow at what you have accomplished. I can not wait to see what the next 30 years brings...think of the girls nights!

sauter signs off said...

O.K., I may have to still that 30 list of accomplishments for next year.. Could I come up with 50.. I better start now. You inspire me.

imagesbyjk said...

Wow! That's not a bad start on life right there!!! Makes me feel like I'm slackin'. :-(

Nichole Bowler said...

You inspire me, Alisha!

The Godell Family said...

s awesome. I bet you could have come up with 3 millions things that you ahve done that have been amazing over the past 3 decades. You are an awesome 30 year old. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

bledsoeblog said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Alisha!