Sunday, October 19, 2008

How do I miss thee...Let me count the ways

I have been having one of those bleck days where all I want is the things I know. Does that make sense at all? In other words I am having a homesick for Bend, Oregon day. Want to see some of the things I miss the most?





I miss my friends! I miss my kids friends! I miss my two + bathrooms with 2+ sinks! I miss running, even though it doesn't look like I am enjoying it, at least I was out there trying. I miss Hannah's old school and her phenomenal teacher.


Don't get me wrong, I miss Bend a lot. But I really do like it up here as well. Want to see some of the cool stuff I get to see and do?




It is so beautiful here! I get to see greenery, water, people, you name it. I know that we are where we need to be, I am just feeling a little lonely and isolated today. We had an amazing time playing some games with other couples last night, and it made me miss "back home" Isn't that weird? I am finally having a great time, but inside I guess I feel sort of guilty about it. Hmm. I am going to go consult some of my psychology books now.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry you are having a rough day. I am glad you are here! :)

jebandjenn simpson family said...

My darling Alisha-I am going to call you and you will answer your phone!! HEHE! It gets better I promise...until then you better call me on the hard days!! Or else!! Miss ya!

The Godell Family said...

We miss you too. But the one and only important thing right now is that you are with your family. We have the phone and you know that I will call you every day, and that you can call me every day. Hang in there. Adjustmenst just take time. It sounds like you ahve met some amazing people up there (not as amazing as myself, he, he, he JK). We miss you but are so proud of you for supporting Josh and his need for something new and exciting.