

Today was Hannah's FIRST day of FIRST grade! It was her FIRST day going to school all day, and my FIRST day without her! Alright... I can't keep that up for an entire blog.
Anyway, as I said today was Hannah's first day of school. She was so brave, and excited! I was faking bravery and excitement for her benefit. Inside I was crying my eyes out and missing her already.
We got up early and had a yummy breakfast of eggs and bacon and then my little Ms. got all dressed and ready for the day.
When we got to the school we asked where to find her classroom and headed to the first grade wing of the school. There were excited parents and children everywhere! It brought back a lot of memories for me as both a student and a teacher. It was fun to see.
What wasn't fun to see were the sad faces of the other first grade parents. The teacher in the class next to Hannah's wasn't even letting parents in the classroom with their children. She was making them give hugs at the door and say goodbye. I am not exaggerating when I tell you there were 6 moms and 1 dad peeking into that classroom window.
Hannah's teacher was a little bit better. She let moms and dads come in, but she let us know that we weren't to prolong our goodbyes. So Hannah found a seat next to a nice looking little girl...

And Ben and I left her for the day! (Guess what? I didn't cry! It took a lot of effort, but I didn't!)
It was a long day for all of us! Ben and I played for a little while and then the little girl from next door came over to hang out. I cleaned the house, mowed the lawn, and then the kids and I made a mess...

We thought it would be fun to make Hannah some school shaped sugar cookies to surprise her. What a messy ordeal with two four year olds (Ben's close enough to his birthday to call him a four year old right?) We had fun though, and that is all that matters. Notice the phone in the picture? Thanks to all of my awesome friends who called to see how I was coping/distract me/etc. Nothing makes time pass like talking to your friends.
Anyhoo... Hannah is home now from her FIRST day of FIRST grade. She said it was a lot of fun. She got to go to a music class for the FIRST time, eat lunch in the cafeteria for the FIRST time, and she even made two new friends. I am so proud of my little monkey, and I am so excited for all of her new adventures!
2 comments:
How fun! I can not believe how old she is. She looks soooo cute for her first day of school.
I am glad to hear she had a good day and that you survived too!!
Post a Comment