I eluded to this post before I left, and I want to tell the story before I forget.
So, how many blondes do you think it takes to get to Red Robin in Seattle. With a GPS?
There were two of us navigating in my car when our friends the Morton's were visiting. Leana and I were following Brian and Josh and both vehicles had GPS systems going. We turn onto the freeway and I stay to the left because it is an express lane. Meaning we can move quickly because there are so many of us in the car. Pretty soon GiGi (or Garmin Girl) as we call my GPS tells us to exit right. Well that is all fine and dandy, but she is saying the road is named one thing and we can plainly see it isn't that street. So what do we do? Turn where the satellite powered piece of equipment tells us to, or take matters into our own hands.
Of course we head our own way. We figure that we'll take the next exit and be fine. Little did we know that there were no more exits for about five miles. GiGi kept saying exit right, not knowing we were on the express side of the road and had no access to these streets. I am not kidding, she really did sound like she was getting exasperated about the twelfth time she said "exit right".
Leana and I are laughing hysterically through all of this, because just the night before Josh was teasing me and saying if I made it to Canada I went to far. It is a good thing I had a good friend there to keep me calm. We were on some side streets when Josh finally called to see where we were. All we said is that we wanted to see some more sights, and we would be there soon. I think he guessed it. In the end, it was just another fun adventure...and....
WE MADE IT!


0 comments:
Post a Comment