We are in lovely, humid Oklahoma! I just wanted to let everyone know we made it (a week ago). So far we have had a few adventures, but we haven't really gone anywhere. Let me explain. On Monday night we flew in and Josh picked us up. We drove our HUMMER (the only car available to rent) back to the apartment but Josh had forgotten the key code to open the gate. Keep in mind it is 1:00AM and he has school at 7 Tuesday. So he is exhausted and we have to get into the gate so he can get to school. After ten minutes of trying different codes I finally showed my crazy skills and climbed over the fence to get into the apartments. Then I ran to his room and found the code on the table beside the couch. I am one amazing wife.
Day two (or is it still one since it's our first full day?): The kids and I head outside to look around, and take in the million degree heat with million percent humidity. Can I just say it is hot? After looking around we eat some lunch and head for the pool. Josh gets home and we take the kids for some dinner. Ben is acting a little "off" during dinner, but we assume he is just tired and take him home for bed. That night as I am tucking him in I notice he is BURNING hot. I am talking scorch your skin hot. So I uncover him and he tells me he is cold. Great. Fever? Heat exhaustion? I have no idea but I say my prayers it goes away quickly and he's ok.
Day two (because I think day one is the first full day at a location): Ben wakes up still hot. Hannah wants to swim, or watch Hannah Montana. She could really care less because she is so excited to have cable! So Ben lies around all morning, doesn't eat, and eventually tosses cookies all over the floor of our apartment. Not once, but twice. But that was all it took! After that second bout of barf he was a new man. He wanted to swim, eat, etc. Thank goodness.
Day three: Swimming. I was able to talk to my best friend too (hi Minds!). Pretty quite, and relaxing. We are working on our summer tans before we head back to the clouds in Washington.
Day four: yep, more swimming, and dinner at an amazing Chinese restaurant.
Day five: Sat. guess who feels gross, yep me! I totally thought I was dying! I was achy, and so tired. We went to the Dinosaur museum (did you all know that a LOT of dinosaurs have been discovered in OK) and then sweet Josh took me home and made me take a nap while he hung out with the kids. Then he cooked a yummy dinner and had me take some nyquil. He was awesome. Bath, bedtime, no problem.
Day six (today) church. Here is the best quote: Hannah "They talk with a funny ax"
Mommy: " You mean an accent" Hannah: "That's what I said! An Axx-sent"(said just like a true Texan with a southern drawl) It is fun to hear people speak down here, but it really makes me miss my mom and dad. We head to Missouri this coming Friday, and the kids are excited to meet my cousins and other family. It should be fun.
The next post is supposed to have pictures. Josh promises to show me where to hook the camera into the laptop, so I promise to get some up. I have a few classic "only in Oklahoma" shots I want to show everyone. Happy weekend all!

3 comments:
You are so cute! I love your details! But am I a true pregnant lady or what--while ready your blog I could feel myself getting emotional and I am practically crying as I read your Oklahoma experience. Anyway, can't wait for your photos to be posted. Sounds like all y'all (like my southern?) are havin' fun! Talk to you soon.
Sounds so fun, even with the heat and sickness'. Hope you have fun with your family and can not wait to see the pictures! Love ya girl.
Sounds like you are having a great time, mind the sickenss and all. What adventures you are making!
Post a Comment