Alright, it really isn't the most wonderful time of the year, but I am thinking about the start of the school year! September always feels like a new year for me and while I know it is still only July I can't get my mind away from the fact that my little Hannah is about to become a first grader! We have gone to her new school a few times to play on the playground and so the last time I brought my camera along to show you some "interesting" things I discovered. The picture below is the first thing. This is a rain shelter for the kids. Please note that all of the play equipment is NOT under the structure, so I guess only the recess die-hards will play in the rain. The one's who think they may melt must go stand under this boring roofed building. Also, check this out:
That is the sheltered basketball court. Notice the regular court to the right, but in case of rain they have a covered court as well. I am so totally not prepared for the winter monsoons. It is going to be such an adjustment!
Anyhoo... I was just excited to share these discoveries with you all. Please note that about a month from now I will probably have more to say regarding the coming school year. Ta-ta for now!

2 comments:
I love the end of summer and the refreshing start of fall too!! I am counting down the days till Austin starts school!! and so is he! He got his backpack from his Uncle Clinton this last weekend and he now sleeps with it....crazy kid! Call me!!
How crazy is that playground! I would be the one under the rain shelter, maybe with a jump rope! Good luck to Hannah come this winter. I can not believe she is a first grader, wow!
Your blog reminds me of the T.V. commercial from Staples (or some company like them) when the parents are shopping for school supplies to the Christmas song “it’s the most wonderful time of the year” So funny!
Post a Comment