Monday, January 17, 2011

The ONEderful Girl


My sweet Babycakes turned one on December 16th, and a ONEDERFUL day it was indeed. I had read on Babycenter.com about some other Mommies who were throwing Winter Onederland birthday parties and I loved the idea. So as soon as snowflake items started showing up in stores I started getting ready for party day. I hung snowflakes from the ceiling, bought a snowflake garland and hung that, and centered all of the rest of the theme around snow/winter. I've decided that with a birthday nine days away from Christmas it is going to be tricky to not let the holiday over-run Emily's special day. Maybe as she gets older her party can be on her HALF birthday in June instead :)
At the party we made winter cards with snowflake stickers...
decorated snowflake sugar cookies, and drank all sorts of hot chocolate. Nana and Aunt Kacie were amazing and made the tasty cupcakes Emily's own cake was the Albertson's freebie you get on their first birthday. They didn't have any snow themes to chose from, but we thought this little pink bear was pretty cute. It matched her birthday shirt if nothing else. I think she had a pretty great day...you could tell as everyone sang that she was a little bit overwhelmed, but as soon as that cake was set in front of her she was as happy as could be. She dug right in, and of course cried her eyes out when we took it away. We didn't get too many pictures from present opening, because all of her super cute friends wanted to sit as close as possible and "help" her open them up. Overall, it was an exhausting, but awesome day. We felt so grateful to everyone that came, and for all the well wishes. It's hard to believe that she has only been a part of our family for one year. Most people say I can't believe that a year has passed already (and I do feel that way as well), but she completed our family so well that it seems like she's been around and a part of our group for a lot longer than a year. I am constantly amazed and impressed with this super sweet girl of mine. I've said it over and over again-she really is the dessert in our family. Her temperament and personality are a perfect blend of the best of each of us (including her siblings). We are so blessed to have our sweet ONEDERFUL girl! Happy Birthday Emily Anne!

1 comments:

Mishqueen said...

That's awesome! Looks like you had a great party! (side note: I couldn't help laughing as I remembered that line from the movie That Thing You Do where they name themselves the One-ders, and the guy calls them the Oneeders instead. *chuckle, chuckle*