Monday, November 8, 2010

It's Great To Be Eight!


Hannah Bear turned the big #8 on August 30th this year. (See post below for more on that)...

This birthday year was a huge year for her; since it was also the year she could decide if she wanted to be baptized or not. We had a lot of Family Home Evenings about baptism, and what it means, and we encouraged Hannah to pray about it. She did, and was so excited to be baptized after her birthday. We were so blessed when it came to planning her important day. It turned out that she was going to be the only one that day (LOVE Labor Day weekend). So Hannah was able to pick her own music, speakers, etc. The day really was hers. Nana and Poppy both spoke, and her Daddy was able to take her into the font and baptize her for us all to see. It was such a spiritual event, and I will forever remember the feelings associated with it.
I know people say all the time that they can't believe their children grow so fast, but I am one of those people! I cannot believe that I have an eight year old daughter! Where on earth did the past eight years go? Just yesterday she was a tiny baby (alright she was never tiny) all snuggled in our arms! I love my Hannah Bear more than anything, and I am so happy to have helped her celebrate another year on this earth.

0 comments: