Birthday time at our house starts with Hannah in Aug. and proceeds with each family member having a birthday celebration through December. While it does make for a hectic time of year, I do love it. In my family my brother had his birthday in April and then I had to wait the seven long months until November. At least this way the jealousy only lasts for about a month and then someone else has a party/distraction.
This year the big boy of the house turned 6! He decided that a bowling party was what he really wanted, and so we gathered up all the cousins, and his best buddy Garrett and headed over to the bowling alley. It seemed like everyone had a good time, but I can tell you it takes six kids an awfully long time to bowl one game. I was exhausted by the time it was over!
For a cake this year Ben really wanted something with super heroes. The problem was he didn't know which super heroes and he wasn't sure what they should be doing. So for the first time one of the kids decorated their own cake. In this cake the super heroes are fighting the bad guys with the big boulders (aka bouncy balls). I love his imagination. I also love that the bad guys are pirates.
My sweet Ben constantly keeps me on my toes with his energy, enthusiasm, and sense of adventure. I have loved every second of being his Mommy-and I can't wait for a million more birthdays with him.
This year the big boy of the house turned 6! He decided that a bowling party was what he really wanted, and so we gathered up all the cousins, and his best buddy Garrett and headed over to the bowling alley. It seemed like everyone had a good time, but I can tell you it takes six kids an awfully long time to bowl one game. I was exhausted by the time it was over!
For a cake this year Ben really wanted something with super heroes. The problem was he didn't know which super heroes and he wasn't sure what they should be doing. So for the first time one of the kids decorated their own cake. In this cake the super heroes are fighting the bad guys with the big boulders (aka bouncy balls). I love his imagination. I also love that the bad guys are pirates.

0 comments:
Post a Comment