Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Such a BOY!

I love, love, love this kid:

Awhile back Ben did something so cute, that I took pictures just for the blog. But once again time got away from me, and I forgot to post them/write about it. So without further delay here is the story of Ben and his flat friend...

Once upon a time there was a boy named Ben who adored playing at his Nana and Poppy's mini-farm. He would climb up their pile of dirt and dig for hours (even in his church clothes, and even in the snow and rain). He would climb into the chicken coup and chase the chickens around, and do the same to the pigs in their pig pen. But Ben's favorite activity was to explore the mini-farm. He was always coming in to show his family his new discoveries-berries, bugs, flowers, anything he found interesting. One day Ben was hard at work on his dirt pile, when his sister (and Nana) found what could be called the greatest discovery yet. It was a lizard, but this lizard was like no other. This was a flat, pancake lizard. Nana and Hannah had found it in the wood pile-so it was nice and flat and perfectly petrified. Hannah knew Ben would love this discovery, so she ran to give it to him. Love it-he did. He carried his flat lizard everywhere with him that day. He showed it to everyone he could think of, and he even played a great game of pretend with the lizard (it was a super hero lizard).


They really were the best of friends, this lizard and boy.

But alas, all good things must come to an end. They say if you really love something that you'll let it go. Ben truly loved his lizard, so he set it free*
(*By set it free I mean he threw it over the fence when someone laughed at him playing with a flat lizard).
He still talks about his lizard friend from time to time, and I know that when he explores at Nana and Poppy's he's really on the lookout for another flat friend. Being the pure boy that he is, I have no doubt that he'll find another flat friend very soon. THE END

2 comments:

The Keldsens said...

That is AWESOME!! I'm sad we missed the flat lizard. Eli would have fully supported Ben and his flat friend.

sauter signs off said...

I will keep my eyes out for another Super Lizard! We do have a huge frogs that sleeps on the corner of the sidewalk.. everynight I say goodnight to him. Ben could come borrow him for a playdate!