Saturday, October 10, 2009

Commercials

Nope, the picture has nothing to do with the post
(But I LOVE this picture)
Every since the television switch to digital my kids have been obsessed with this new channel we get called Qubo. Basically it's all cartoons and a ton of commercials. The channel drives me crazy, because I feel like I am watching as many minutes of advertising as I am of actual shows-but the kids don't seem to mind.
Which leads to the point of today's post...
So I am in the kitchen making breakfast when the kids come running in at full speed.
KIDS: "Mommy, Mommy! They have pillow pets on TV-we really want them!"
ME: "What are pillow pets?"
KIDS: "They are these stuffed animals, but they roll up into pillows and you can take them anywhere!"
ME: "Wow, I wonder where you can buy those, and how much the cost."
KIDS: "They are $19.99 each and you buy them by calling on the phone."
ME: "$19.99 is a lot for a pillow, maybe you can save up your piggy bank money to get them."
KIDS: "Actually Mom, you can just send in your used and unwanted gold and get money for it."
ME: "What?!"
KIDS: "Yeah Mom, there's this place called Cash for Gold and you can get over $100.00 for your unwanted and used gold!"
ME: "I'm not sure I have any unwanted or used gold I would want to send in"
HANNAH: "Maybe we can go through your jewelry box, just to make sure."
I love my kids-television, not so much.

1 comments:

sauter signs off said...

Oh that is sooooo funny. We've all heard the commercial.. they really listened. Too Cute, and sooo funny!