How is it possible that I have forgotten to blog about the first day of school for my little people?! Could it be that I am pregnant, and therefore cannot remember anything these days? I think we'll blame it on that. So without further delay: the first day of school recaps:
First of all Hannah started 2nd grade this year. She was so much more confident this year; she knew people at her school, and knew she was going to have great teachers. So when her first day rolled around she jumped out of bed, threw on her clothes and was ready almost an hour ahead of time. She is a little sad that her best friend Danika isn't in the same class this year (but what is recess for)?
Some traditions we carried out this year included the Father's Blessing on the new school year-something we've done every year since preschool. Then on the Friday of her first week of school we went out after dinner and had banana splits. Just a celebration of the new year, and making it through the first of many weeks. 
Some traditions we carried out this year included the Father's Blessing on the new school year-something we've done every year since preschool. Then on the Friday of her first week of school we went out after dinner and had banana splits. Just a celebration of the new year, and making it through the first of many weeks. 
As for Ben, this is his second year at Carousel Corner Preschool and he adores it there.
His best friend Elijah is there, and these two are pretty inseparable when they get together. He was really excited about going as well-but I am pretty sure he wasn't at the door an hour ahead of time. 
He too had the traditional back to school blessing, and we went out to lunch after his first day (because it was also the day daddy had to leave for Oklahoma for eight weeks).

His best friend Elijah is there, and these two are pretty inseparable when they get together. He was really excited about going as well-but I am pretty sure he wasn't at the door an hour ahead of time. 
He too had the traditional back to school blessing, and we went out to lunch after his first day (because it was also the day daddy had to leave for Oklahoma for eight weeks).

I am so excited to see the kids grow and learn as this year progresses! School was always one of my favorite things (obviously: I went to college to be a teacher), and I hope it continues to be one of their favorite things as well. Happy 09-10 school year!

1 comments:
So fun! They look so grown up, I love it!
Post a Comment