August first was a FANTASTIC day for me. One of my best friends in the whole world came into town and we escaped for a short, but memorable weekend getaway. Let me rewind...
Leana and I have been friends since High School. She moved to Bend our sophomore year, and a mutual friend introduced us. Right away we clicked, and have been best buddies every since. We got jobs at Orange Julius together our Jr. year, and we couldn't get over how many people asked if we were sisters-so to this day we call one another Twin. Weird, but that's just us.
A few years ago Leana and I went to see Kenny Chesney in concert. He was playing at a small venue in Prineville and we got tickets. We were able to be right in the front row of the concert and had a great time. So when I heard that he was coming to Seattle I had to re-live the past with my best concert buddy. We got tickets, made arrangements, and ditched the families for a little girl time...
WHAT A BLAST!
Leana drove up from Oregon-(what an awesome friend), picked me up and we headed to Seattle. We made it to Qwest Stadium in plenty of time, but parking was a beast. So we headed a few blocks over to the International District and found a great deal on parking at a Chinese restaurant.
Then it was off to see several amazing concerts including Sugarland, Montgomery Gentry, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, and of course Kenny Chesney. The concerts were a ton of fun, but I think Leana will agree the people watching was a true highlight. We saw women walking around in swimsuit tops (when did those become clothing items?), we made friends with random people who then dropped cheese sauce all over us (or just me), I got to sit next to an older couple who shared their binoculars (I never said we got great seats), and we saw two women who were so intoxicated that one ended up propped up Weekend At Bernie's style. It was hilarious.
After the concert we headed back to the car and realized that when we found the great price on parking, we hadn't read which Chinese restaurant we were parked at in the INTERNATIONAL district. It was pretty funny to us. Luckily we remembered the direction we had walked and found the car no problem, but we'll always remember "we parked at a Chinese restaurant in china town."
We found some great back to school specials, and had a late lunch at the fabulous Cheesecake Factory. Yummy! Then it was time for me to ride the ferry home, and my Twin to make the long trek back to Oregon. It was one short trip, but a great one-with memories I'll always treasure. I love you Leana!

2 comments:
Sounds like you two had way too much fun! I'm so glad you two were able to go and relive Kenny Chesney again.
A twin friend!! How fun! And what a blast you guys were able to have. Kenny Chesney--too much fun!
Post a Comment