Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mom and Kid Adventures

The kids and I went into Seattle last weekend to cheer for a friend who was running the Rock N Roll Marathon (GO DIANA)! It was so much fun! We started our adventure by driving over to Bremerton and hitting the fountain park while we waited to walk onto the ferry.

While on the ferry we had a great time playing "Spiderman" cards. Ben got a couple of card decks in his stocking this year, so we played some Crazy 8's and Go Fish. Then of course we had to go watch people feed the seagulls popcorn and Doritos. (where was my camera for that?)


You'll notice there are NO pictures of our time in Seattle! It was so crowded (over 25,000 racers) and I just didn't have time to bust out the camera and take a bunch of pictures. But we did have a great time and saw some amazing people finishing their marathons. It really brought a tear to my eye to see them cross that finish line, and see the looks of accomplishment. I told Diana it made me almost, sort of, in the smallest possible way want to try it one more time.


Anyway, back to our adventure...


After we walked around the marathon for awhile and listened to some of the bands playing we headed down to Ivars for some AWESOME chowder and fried clams. Yummy! Then the kids and I headed to some of the fun waterfront stores to browse while we waited for our return ferry ride. The highlight of the trip for them (I think) was the ice cream I bought them before we boarded for our return trip.


When we got home we met up with Josh (who had been doing a Boy Scout Activity this whole time) and went down the the Fathom's Of Fun parade. Can I tell you how LAME this parade was? It was so boring we had to leave before it ended. We kept hoping it would get better, but it never did. When I told a few local friends that we had went they laughed and asked "why!" Maybe next time we'll call around before we waste our time..

1 comments:

D.Jones said...

Alisha, you are amazing! Thanks for cheering for me at the race! Sad that I never saw you, but I'm glad to hear that you had fun with your kiddos! Are you back from your 4th trip yet? We should get together! talk to you soon.