Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Zoo




What adventures we had at the zoo! There was a crazy peacock who hissed and tried to chase us (and I swear to you was following us around). That thing had serious attitude!



I know this picture isn't very clear, but this monkey was hilarious. It is over Hannah with it's hand on its forhead. It would sit like that for a second, then scratch it's chin then put it's hand back. The thing was really contemplating my little blondie.

Here is another one of our monkey friends. We hit the zoo at the perfect time on the perfect day. There really weren't many people there (at first) so we had a lot of the animals all to ourselves for awhile. This little guy came right over to the kids, and looked like he wanted to have a chat.

Our other hilarious moment at the zoo happened at the "Night and Day" exhibit, so of course I couldn't get a picture. There was this little bush-baby in a container, and I had never seen one before (for those of you who want a visual picture a tiny monkey with the biggest eyes ever). I leaned really close to the glass to get a better look (it was dark in there) and Hannah leaned down with me. The thing LEAPED across the container to our faces. We were really startled and then kind of amused. When we leaned over to look again, it did it again! That thing did not like us at all. Thank goodness for glass enclosures.

0 comments: