Happy New Year to everyone! I actually wrote 2008 for the first time today, and it wasn't as weird as I thought it would be. Indulge me for a moment as I reflect on the things I am most thankful for from the past year:
My beautiful amazing family-as I watch my children grow and learn, and my husband teach and provide I am so full of gratitude I could burst. I constantly wonder "who am I?" to receive the amazing blessings I have.
My home-last year was the "Year of the Remodel" I am so glad that the major part is finished and we can enjoy the fruits of our labor.
My friends-I have some of the most amazing, wonderful friends in the world. Not having any of my own family around is really hard. But my friends make life easier by being supportive, kind, non-judgemental, and fun. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have them in my life.
My health-I ran a MARATHON in 2007. What an amazing thing to be able to say! I am thankful for a body that didn't poop out on me in the process. It isn't my ideal body by any means, but it does it's job, and that is what matters.
There are many other things, but those are the big deals for me. This year I plan to focus on what I am grateful for and not get bogged down with the other junk in life. I found a great quote the other day:
"There are none so impoverished as those
who do not acknowledge the abundance in their lives"
~Richard Paul Evans

2 comments:
Welcome to the world of blogs!!!!!
I a so excited you are on board and love the "thankful list". Good job!
HEY! I am so impressed, you look like a professional blogger already! I can't wait to check back and look at your blog! Welcome to the Blogging Family!
Post a Comment