Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Hannah Bug turned nine years old today. I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by that she has been in our lives. I can still remember being pregnant with her and laying on the couch under the air-conditioner in that HOT August of 2002. I remember going through her new clothes, blankets, diapers, toys, etc. and wondering how on earth I was supposed to know what to do when she finally came along. I remember waking up early, early, early on Aug. 30th and knowing that today was the day. I remember all the emotions-and I CLEARLY remember when the laid that sweet big red headed baby on my chest for the first time. I had known all sorts of love up until that day, but this was something completely new. This was a piece my heart beating outside of my body for the first time. That's how it has been for the past nine years. She can make me crazy with her talking back, eye rolling, and other bad behaviors/habits, but she is a piece of me and I know exactly where she gets it all from. I love that girl with every fiber of my being, and I am so glad that she's been teaching me how to be a parent for the past nine years. Happy Birthday Hannah!

0 comments: