Thursday, July 30, 2009

Parades

Port Orchard has this festival every year called Fathoms of Fun. We moved here last year just as it was ending, so we weren't sure exactly what it consisted of. This year we decided that as "locals" it was our responsibility to attend and check it out.

The weekend starts out with a parade... It started out alright-there was a firetruck which thrilled Ben. But it slowly became the LAMEST parade I have ever been to in my life. The firetruck was followed by two floats, and some people walking that were advertising local businesses. Then after about 60 classic cars with random people "princess waving" Josh leaned over and asked me if we could PLEASE leave. I was all for it.
Josh's mom must have been having a psychic moment because she called when we got home to ask us if we wanted to start our vacation in Bend a little bit early in order to attend the annual 4th of July Pet Parade. It's been a tradition that our kids are in the parade each year riding in a wagon with their cousins. We didn't have anything else planned for the 4th so we hoped in the car to keep the tradition alive. I am so happy we did! The kids had so much fun, and the variety of animals at the parade STILL amazed me after all of these years.










1 comments:

Kate said...

I am SO SO SO sorry I didn't warn you about fathoms.