Monday, January 26, 2009

Bloopers

I haven't blogged in awhile, but not because of a lack of things to blog about. Just a lack of time...

We've had some fun events happen in the last few weeks. Those fun events have led to some pretty funny bloopers as well.

My friend Leana surprised me on a Thursday by calling to tell me she was coming up with her family the next day. What an EXCELLENT surprise! Note to you all: anytime anyone wants to surprise me and come visit I'll be thrilled.
We had a great visit while she was here. We took advantage of the sun (even though it was 30 degrees) and headed out hiking and to the beach. While we were out I was trying to explain to her that I was glad I had a hood on. Unfortunately it came out as "I'm glad I put my head on." She looked at me, laughed, and told me how thankful she was as well. Later, while we were driving in the car her little boy Garrett told Ben to close his eyes for a second. After the second had passed he told Ben "OK you can open your face now." Leana and I just smiled (what else could we do?) The breaking point for the two of us came from Hannah. Keep in mind we were feeling sleep deprived from staying up late to see a movie and then talking the night before. So here we were, on the beach hiking around. My idea was to add some lunges to the hike to make it a real leg workout. Hannah thought that looked like fun and decided to get in on the action. After about three lunges she informed us that her knuckles hurt from them. Now what does that remind you of? A monkey for me. She meant her ankles I believe, but at that point Leana and I were too hysterical to correct her. We of course had to replay the entire day's events from my "putting my head on" to Garrett letting Ben "open his face" and finally Hannah having sore "knuckles" Not funny to everyone, but definitely worth remembering for me.
Some other funnies that have happened recently:
Ben was singing "Book of Mormon Stories" while playing. The line he was on goes like this:
Give this land if they lived righteously. Ben's interpretation: Give this hand if they live right to sleep. How cute!
Here's another one: I had to run to the dollar store to get Hannah some flash cards for school. I was busy that day, so I decided to run over right after lunch. While there I saw a lady from church and we talked for a few minutes, and then I checked out and headed home. It was about ten minutes after I got home and went to the bathroom that I noticed not one but TWO poppyseeds in my teeth. I was talking to people and looking like a hillbilly the whole time. Do me a favor: TELL ME WHEN THAT HAPPENS! That's common curtesy and I promise not to be offended. But for now: just another blooper. There will be plenty more to come, of that I am sure...

4 comments:

sauter signs off said...

Even though you told me about the Poppy Seed experience, I just read it and I'm still laughing!!!
Just as bad as the twig in my hair at church!

D.Jones said...

such funny bloopers! You guys are a riot! sorry i'm just getting around to reading about them! luv ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe-

Glad one of us keeps up on what's going on with the family while I'm checked out.

I LOVE OKC, we should TOTALLY move here. We could go to a gun show every weekend, you could change your name to Lurleen and get a drug store perm, and we can start calling our son Jim Bob. YEEEHA!

Well you and the youngins be good ya here, I'm down right beat and will be hitting the sack perty quick. Man that just warms the cockles of my heart to see you guys on this here computin machine.

I thought I was a red neck, nope.

Love you lots...

Your hubby

JC

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.