We are heading home to Bend to spend some quality time with friends and family tomorrow. I thought I would take the opportunity today to write out how thankful I am for all of our many blessings. This time of year is my FAVORITE, even with all of the snow and ice. I love how people are a little bit more kind and thoughtful to those around them. I love how the spirit of the season can touch people. I love the music, the lights, the color. Christmas time has always been my favorite-even when I was a small child (although come to think of it isn't it every child's favorite?)
I am thankful for the friends and family we'll get to see, and the friends and family we get to come home too. I am thankful for great neighbors who make sure our home is watched over. I am thankful for creative people who make fun games we'll be able to play with our loved ones. I am thankful for all of the yummy treats that will be consumed in the next week, and the ability to run those treats off (and I pray for the desire to do so).
I am thankful for the workers who will be clearing the roads we'll be driving on, and also for Josh's amazing driving skills. In a weird way I am thankful for all of those months he had to commute to Bend in the winter (great practice).
I am thankful for so many things...for this forum to express my gratitude, for all of you that are reading it. Everyone should try to make a big list of gratitude. It makes you feel all warm and gooey inside.
What's A Sister For?
2 weeks ago

1 comments:
I Love the blessings list!
Isn't that what this season is all about! Thanks for spending time with US!! Love to you
Post a Comment