Just some random thoughts/recaps/pictures, etc.
Can I tell you all how weird it is to be packing up my house? I finally got a big kitchen (although I can't say I love the hike across it the moment I sit down and a child asks for a glass of milk, spoon, etc.) and now I have to pack all the things I have spent the past four years cramming into it. I am grateful however for the chance to toss things. You don't realize how much junk you have until you start pulling it ALL out. Maybe we should just pretend to be moving every few years to re-evaluate all of our "stuff".
Hmm, what else can I reflect on? Only 28 more LONG days until Josh finally comes home! He was able to make it for Memorial Day weekend, but I think that actually made it harder to have him leave again. While I am so unbelievably scared to move, I am also so excited to be a "normal" family again that it completely outweighs my fear. I think the kids will especially enjoy more rough housing with Daddy. You truly don't realize how important that is, until it isn't there. Isn't that true with all things in life though. Whew, look at me getting all philosophical!
Hannah's Kindergarten year is coming to an end. I can't believe it! Time has flown by in that regard. She has started to read books to herself lately! It is so exciting for me to see her on her bed "reading" to herself! I hope she continues this passion.
Reading reminds me of vocabulary, and can I tell you all that Ben is going WILD with new words?! Some cute ones: soiled, and enormous. "If you drop your ball in the mud it will get soiled" Wow! So I of course asked him where he heard that word. "Curious George" Great, well there could be worse things than learning APPROPRIATE new words.
Alright, I think I am done ranting for the evening. It had occurred to me that I hadn't posted lately, so rather than going to bed at a descent hour I decided to do this. Gee, no wonder I sound so random. Night, Night!

3 comments:
This is a really cute blog! I love the colors and especially the music. Thanks for the uplifting thoughts and stories! Its so fun to read about a beautiful family.
I can't believe how soon until you are leaving. I want to run to your house and help you pack all of your boxes. Maybe in a few weeks. But for now, I am going to pretend that you are staying and that you will be here forever. Oh look at me getting all mushy! Sorry! I love Ben's new words by the way.
I can so relate to how you feel about Josh being gone. I feel the same as you. It's almost easier if Chris doesn't come home because I get so emotional when he leaves. It also helps if I go & see him and leave him. I'm also scared about moving even though I've lived in the Albany area before, I just don't have a time line. How long have you and Josh lived apart? I miss my husband every minute!
Post a Comment